Infectious Diseases Community
if staph infection comes to a head do you pop it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

if staph comes to a head what do i do im scared to pop it because it started as a pimple ...dose anyone know
i actually just was told i have mrsa (staph infection)  from the doctor last week. i did pop one of the boils i had and pus and blood came out so that cant be good. but the doctor prescribed me a medicine that just dried the rest out
I never heard of a staph or mrsa (which is one in the same), come to a head like a pimple, or boil. It is a infection, but it sounds like a boil or abscess.I worked in a hospital, and was told I got mrsa due to the patients I took care of. I had no signs of having it and had many surgeries and NO infections.