infectious diseases/ hsv 7 testing
Can you determine if a person has HSV 2 but performing an HSV 7 IgG/IgM (IFA) Antibody test? And what would the reference range of IgG <1:320 result mean for the HSV 7 test? And reference ran . IgM <1:20 mean?
How are you? The herpes family of viruses includes 8 different viruses that affect human beings and this includes herpes virus 7 you may be referring to. This type of virus is closely related to herpes type 6,  which is responsible for roseola and are so common that most of us has been infected at some point, usually early in life.  With regards to your test, it may not be possible to detect herpes type 2 or HSV-2. Test results are usually compared to the reference ranges available in the test kit.Herpes IgM antibodies usually are detectable by herpes blood tests within 7-10 days after initial infection,  while Herpes IgG antibodies do not show up until slightly later after initial infection.  It is best that you discuss the result with your attending physician for proper evaluation. Your symptoms as well as your medical history are important considerations. Take care and do keep us posted.
Thank you I figured that. Well I was recently dianosed with HSV2 and my partner went to his clinic and they ordered a hsv7. We eventually went to my doctor and they did a herpes select Igg test on him in ehich he was found positive. I just needed some closer because he was my partner for two years and before him I maintained sexually protected and after one of his cheating escapades I get a lesion on my genitals and he claims to have no symptoms but glu-like and pain in groin that he wanted to ignore. And before I found out I w as infected he always complained about his groin and was sick for long periods of time. So thanks for respinding but I had to consistently demand that he see another doctor.  Now I have broken out again within a month. Does that mean im going through a recurrence stage? Does that show that I was perhaps recently infected?
Thank you