INFECTIOUS DISEASES
COMMUNITY
invisible bugs (not morgellons) parasites or mites - dermo experts please help
by aaaaaaaarghBugs, Jul 09, 2011
i went to get a haircut a year ago, when i left i was infested with an unknown parasite, fungus or bacteria.

i know its from the hairdressers, within 10min of leaving i could feel them.
i thought they'd wash out. then i thought they were scabies.

then i called the hair salon to ask what they were, i got abused by
the receptionist and told he was on holidays.
i called back a week later, only to find out he had been fired - obviously for this problem~!

there is little to no symptoms other than being able to feel them all the time.
sometimes i get little pin ***** bites.

i tried everything, one thing that DOES at least wash loose ones down my body is Kerosene.
i found this out when i thought it was scabies, i used kero on my hair and guess what happened...
i ended up with 50 bites on my chest and about 30 on each lower leg/ankles.

whatever it is, KEROSENE will paralyze it long enough to move off my scalp.

heres something odd, a few days before the kero, i tried 'mineral turpentine' and it made them burrow into a frenzy and the sensation came back so strong,
it was exactly how bad it was the first day i was infected.

when i say i have used everything, i mean everything.. dont make me write a list of all available scabies treatments and home remedys.

this is not: scabies, morgellons, birdmites, contact dermatitis or the likes.
its contagious. people who have come to my house complain of being bitten,
they ask me if i have fleas. they seemed to notice i have a problem and disappear. this, by the way is all without me telling them i have a problem...

so, its not like they just think 'oh its in his head what a nutjob better drop him from the crew'.

they see the problem without me explaining.

the docs i have seen, sit infront of me scratching... all of them, all the time.
i have pointed it out, and im met with 'i'm always itchy, its the weather' or 'its because you are talking about it'.

i actually had to laugh at one, call them an idiot and told them to enjoy whatever it is they just got from me -they looked at my scalp (against my advice), with no gloves then started scratching at their arms like a flea bitten dog, within 2min they were constantly scratching at their head/scalp... and i ask her: so, let me ask you this: are you itchy at all right now? have a feeling of a hair on your face, or arm?
she firmly replied NO (while scratching).. still looking in here eyes i said 'dont like, i can see you scratching your hands right now'.
although not full vision, the human eye has almost 270 degree of sight.

i have lost so many friends. i haven't been able to work and i've spent all my savings on docs/dermos/treatments and obviously milk and bread.
i have nothing. no money. no friends left.

i know theres people who have had this problem and actually found out what it is,

but they dont come back and help others who have it. they just disappear out
into the world, obviously so happy they found a cure they couldnt care less about the community of people that supported them throughout their ordeal.
Member Comments (64)
by aaaaaaaarghBugs, Jul 09, 2011
i will also add,

it gets all though your clothes, it seems bleach+borax, then 2hrs in the dryer + 3 weeks in a sealed bag will not kill them off.
after doing that, my dirty clothes actually feel cleaner??

if i get my clothes dry cleaned, they are 100% fine. (obviously still, i have the problem in my scalp so it comes back)

its not any detergents or allergy's.
by aannie12334, Jul 09, 2011
wow im sorry i cant help you out, but i sure hope you find out what it is youre looking for. I cant believe how dumb some doctors are, its almost impossible to get an answer you need. Ive been from dr to dr to dr about a recurring problem and not 1 of them seems to know whats causing them. and it can be pretty expensive. I am a student and dont make a lot where I work so ive already maxed out my $200 prescriptions insurance plan w/ my work -_- and im sure its even more worse in the states! Please keep me posted. would love to know what this is! best of luck, Amanda :)
by aannie12334, Jul 10, 2011
heyy i did some research lol did you rule out birdmites?

http://birdmites.org/
by aaaaaaaarghBugs, Jul 10, 2011
yes i think i can rule them out because i cant see any bugs and i would probably catch one if there was.
by aannie12334, Jul 10, 2011
you need magnification to see them,,
by aaaaaaaarghBugs, Jul 11, 2011
i saw a dermotoligist and they have also ruled out scabies as there would be more than 5 or 10 bites on me considering i've had this problem for a year.

example: if i walk into a shop to buy some milk.. the person behind the counter will start scratching.

not just sometimes, but every single time.
by aaaaaaaarghBugs, Jul 16, 2011
can anyone help?

i would really just like to know a list of the possible parasites/micro-organisms it could be
by justnotsure123, Jul 20, 2011
this really does sound like what is going on with you. I got this from a website.

Bird Mite Infestation...

Who?...people with a bird's nest near the home, apartment dwellers with nesting pigeons, people with pets or other animals which are infested, farmers who raise chickens, people who obtain used furniture, carpet, clothing, etc, that has been infested. This can also include guests of hotels, office workers et al., when the buildings are inhabited by nesting birds.
What?...parasitic infestation from bird mites too small to be easily seen without magnification. Symptoms include pinprick bites, often intense itching with or without lesions, small reddened bumps, and a crawling sensation anywhere on the body; with increased activity at night. Some people label these the "creepy crawlies" or "nose ticklers". The intense itching and irritation on the skin is due to the mite's saliva. When a large area is covered with bites it will resemble a rash in appearance, and it is often mistaken for scabies.

Possible Bird Mite Infestation?
•Pinprick bites with or without lesions
•Frequently intense itching of the skin
•Vague sensation of crawling on the skin
•Bite marks and lesions that heal very slowly
•Increase of symptoms in certain areas of the home
•Increase of symptoms at night and in humid weather
•Physician suspects scabies but the treatment does not help
Where?...bird mites more commonly infest bedrooms and bathrooms, but will quickly infest the whole house. Mites will infest carpeting, bedding, upholstered furniture, clothing, etc. They hide in cracks, crevices and darkened areas in the home when not active. They tend to congregate where humans routinely are; such as near the computer, in automobiles, etc.

When?...bird mites are most active from dusk till dawn, but can be active at other times, especially when disturbed. Bird mites are very disruptive to our normal sleep pattern, causing many nights of lost sleep. They tend to be more active on damp, humid, overcast days and nights. Mites are less active during daylight hours, and they are less active on hot, dry, sunny days. Increased activity every seven days or so, when the new mites will mature. Mite activity also tends to increase around a full moon. Bird mite populations tend to peak in the late spring and summer, corresponding to an increase in the bird population and an increase in temperature and humidity levels.

Why?...bird mites are parasites they feed on living organisms; the female mite needs blood to reproduce. They are attracted to mammals by receptors for moisture, heat and CO2. They are aggressive and they often bite humans when their original food source has gone; as when the young birds leave the nest. They can quickly multiply into thousands, leaving the afflicted person with the feeling of being overwhelmed. Once a home is heavily infested, they are very difficult to fully eradicate.

Are you 100% certain that this is not it? You need magnifying to see them usually, it really sounds like this is your problem.

by aaaaaaaarghBugs, Jul 22, 2011
look....... i dont mean to be rude here but...

i know what it isn't.

i do NOT know what it is.

im getting fed up with people who just take random guesses.

why would people everywhere around me scratch, everywhere i go?

i cant see one with a microscope. cant see anything.

i know what i see,

and i know that theres people that notice that i cause them to scratch.