liver cirrhosis
what are the treatment of a person who suffer cirrhosis now suffering pain in his upper right quadrant of his stomach and has blood in his stole
Hello
I would be able to advise you more accurately after clinically examining the patient.The treatment options are available for the complications of cirrhosis like for bleeding varices upper endoscopy with banding and sclerosis is recommended. For ascites diuretics like furosemide are used. They can reduce or eliminate the edema and ascites but it is important to monitor the function of the kidneys while on these drugs. Too much diuretic can lead to kidney dysfunction. When the diuretics are no longer effective abdominal paracentesis for draining abdominal fluid may be done. If there is suspected coagulopathy blood products or vitamin K are given. A procedure called TIPS which involves shunting may be needed for bleeding varices or ascites. In end stage liver disease liver transplant is indicated. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best of luck and kind regards!
.