Infectious Diseases Community
lung infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

lung infection

I smoked cigarettes for almost a year and 1 month ago I got bacterial pharangitis in my throat now after 1 month of treatment I felt some pain towards left side of my chest actually below the chest and at the back also at the same spot.Can sore throat lead to lung infection or is it something more serious or can later lead to something serious.I still don't have my sore throat cured completely but my lungs doctor says stop the medicine and eat what I have pres.it wll cure both PLEASE HELP ME.
So,  you haven't finished the course of the antibiotic he gave you to start with for the sore throat? It takes a while to recover from the sore throat. You have to finish all the pills first. The pain in the chest may be pleuracy (which is inflammation in between the chest and the ribs) or bronchitis if it is below the lungs and in the rib area. Does it hurt to breathe in such as a sharp pain? Hopefully, by the time you finish all the pills it will clear up both problems. It can also be a secondary infection. Try putting a hot pack or hot water bottle (which ever you have) on the chest area where it hurts and see if that makes it feel better. When you finish the antibiotics if you still have the sore throat and/or the chest problem I would go back to the doctor and talk to them about it. They can listen to the lungs and the area where it hurts to see if it is inflammation or something else. Right now to me it sounds like inflammation such as pleuracy or maybe bronchitis. So, let me know how it goes. Do you have a high fever?
mkh9
acually the pain is below my chest and around my chest crack(cleavage area).In these few days I have shown myself to another doctor who asked me get a complete blood test which I did after looking at my report he said that my S.tergylceride is 394 and I am injured from inside when I told him that I am on antibiotics which my ENT has priscribed (prescribed) he told me to stop taking those medicines and to eat what he is giving.Sometimes the lower left side of my stomach also pains around my belly button.In the begininng the ENT had given me medicines which I had to eat three times a day second time he changed them not all but again I had to eat three times third time he reduced many and now I eat two times in the day and night,I don't know how long the course is but for past 4 days I have stopped taking any medicines could this bring back the sore throat.I do have problem breathing but do not experience a sharp pain if I even see dust around me I start choking and taking deep breaths and in normal conditions after sometimes I take a deep breath.The pain feels shifting all over my upper body somtimes it even feels below the wings at the back even if I press below chest or my stomach, I feel as the pain is two three layers inside because I cannot tell exactly where it is but it is there.The pain has I think has declined though I don't have taken any medication regarding it but now it seems fixed at a level and is not gong down.I have smoked 2 cigarettes a day for one year can this lead to lung cancer or throat cancer I have told all the doctors this and every one has asked me to stop smoking,the doctor who told me I am injured from inside has said that it seems you smoke a lot please stop it but I have stopped smoking Is it that I have done too much damage when I smoked Sometimes I didn't smoked for 10 straight days and then when I smoked,I smoked one or at the most three but never went above three and three also very few times.
So far from what you have told me they seem to indicate that you have some type of bowel problem and they are trying to modify your triglycerides with diet. Also, that you have pain in the cleavage area below the ribs. But that it isn't sharp pain. Have you had a chest Xray in that area?  They didn't say if you have emphysema or anything lung related? Or what kind of damage inside that you have? You are going to have to try harder to stop smoking as it may be causing damage to your health. If not now it will. It does sound like dust and smoke may irritate whatever is going on. I think you need to ask the doctor to be more specific if you want answers to what you have. But it sounds like they are correct in having you stop smoking and that you need to stay on this diet to keep your blood level (triglycerides) down. I think the best way to stop smoking is to decide how important it is to you. Is your life more important or the cigarette. And, when you make your mind up about that you just have to quit. I know it is very hard as it is very addictive and it is a habit as well. I know you can do it.

So the diet  is important to keep the  cholesterol down and keep your heart and liver healthy. So, that is my take so far on this.
mkh9
I have stopped smoking and have not smoked one cigarette since I encountered my throat irritation it has been two months and I will never ever smoke again in my life these, things are coming after I have left smoking can you tell me what S.Trigylceride is?Do I have stomach as well as lungs infection? Is all this very serious?I had my chest X ray it says X RAY CHEST (PAN)the doctor who told me I was injured said it is normal.what is emphysema?WHAT food I should avoid to bring down triglycerides Can you tell me what it is and what does it mean to go up above 300 and how is it related to smoking and can it have any relation with sore throat or thee medication.
That is great if you can quit the smoking.

S. tryiglycerides is probably serum triglycerides. It is a type of fat found in the blood. You want to get your Triglycerides down to 100. High triglycerides can cause hardening of the arteries, high blood sugar and high blood pressure.  It increases your risk of heart attack and stroke. So to lower this you can cut back on calories, lose weight, avoid white sugar, and white flour, limit the amount of cholesterol in the diet such as meat, eggs, and milk products including cheese, don't eat trans fats, limit alcohol, start exercising. Eat ground flax seed. 2 tablespoons a day. Once you buy it or grind it you have to refrigerate it.  There are some drugs your doctor can give you. So you can talk to they about that too.

Emphysema is a type of breathing problem you get when you smoke for years,  a condition in which the air sacs of the lungs are damaged and enlarged, causing breathlessness.  I don't think you have this going by your symptoms.  It is not hard to breath in  is it?

Only your doctor can tell you if you have an infection by listening to your lungs and by the Xray. Or they can take a sputum culture.

Hope this helps.
mkh9

will you be my friend?
Sure. I will send you a friend invitation.
mkh9
But I prefer to continue answering your health questions on here.
mkh9
thankyou, for listening to me I really appreciate it,the way my body is acting..... is this all related to the smoking I have done?What do you think?I have never eaten too much fatty things and very seldom eat meat,chicken or eggs.IN past two days when I push out my adams apple it appears to be very hard and comes out to a much far distance,can this be due to my sore throat or can it be something else because my sore throat was not cured when I started to feel pain in the bottom left part of my abdomen below the chest,from tomorrow I would be starting the medicines prescribed by the Doctor who told me I was injured from inside.What do you suggest?Should I concentrate on my trigylceride or my sore throat or go back to the doctor who told me that I have lung's infection?Should I began eating the medicines from tomorrow.
Hi, well you have two doctors. Is one a different kind of doctor than the other? Can you tell me more details of what type of lung infection you have? did they give you antibiotics for it? Did the other doctor give you drugs to lower the triglycerides? if so I would take both the antibiotics and the drugs to lower the triglycerides. There is no problem taking both. I would maybe talk to a chemist or pharmacist or talk to one of the doctors to see if it is okay to take both drugs. I am pretty sure there won't be a problem. I think ask the lung doctor.

I don't know why your adams apple is pushing out. You might want to ask the doctor about that. The sore throat might have something to do with the lung infection, or it can be due to a infection in the throat, or could be due to smoking, or also could be due to acid reflux from the stomach. So it is hard for me to say. It is up to the doctor to look at your throat or do a culture to see if it is infected.  The pain in the stomach may be due the other stomach problem they are giving you the diet for. I 'm not sure. Did you tell the doctor about the pain?
mkh9