need answer
I am 67 years old and was diagonosed a week ago for genital herpes. I have been married for over 30 years and have not had sex outside of my marriage.  It does not seem possible that I could have this all these years and not know it, I have  blood work done yearly.

thank you, Betty Flynn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
Genital herpes is caused by HSV-2 .It is spread through secretions from the mouth or genitals. It is transmitted during sexual contact with someone who has a genital HSV-2 infection. Herpes can be passed via the use of sexual stimulators such as vibrators.Other route of transmission is via touching a sore with a hand and then touching the mouth or eyes.  It can spread easily to compromised epithelial tissue skin that has suffered cuts, abrasions, scrapes, etc.It is best to discuss your concerns with your doctor and get your test results clarified. Your partner may also need testing. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!