Infectious Diseases Community
sepsis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

sepsis

my son was hospitalized when he was six weeks old and the doctor told me that he is suffering from sepsis but he is one year old now and still he breath fast and his body is too hot to touch at certain times and so therefore he can't even crawl,sit well and his neck can't stand well too.
Tags: sepsis
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How is your son? If he has been treated with sepsis when he was six weeks old and he was cleared, then there is a chance that what he has now is due to a different condition. It is best that you check with his doctor or pediatrician if he has fever and breaths fast to make sure that there is no infection present. Blood tests may be indicated. His developmental milestones will also be evaluated by his doctor. Take care and do keep us posted.