Infectious Diseases Community
unknown rash and other symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

unknown rash and other symptoms

My son daught and I all have a red bumpy rash on stomach legs arms face back and hhead along with what seems to be ear and throt infection there are little black pieces coming from rash please help idk what this is but I'm scared for my 2 and 6 year old!
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you and your children? Aside from the rash, what other symptoms are present? Infectious cause is indeed likely if you all have the same symptoms. However, to determine if this is due to bacterial or viral infection, further evaluation may need to be done including blood tests and direct clinical examination of the skin rash. Viral infection usually resolves after a few days of rest and symptomatic care. However, if it persists and other symptoms arise, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.