Infectious Diseases Community
unusual discharge after period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

unusual discharge after period

help i used to have this foul smelling discharge after my period and also this month my period is shorter than usual what can i do
Foul smelling thick vaginal discharge is commonly due to vaginal infections. Vaginal infections occur when bacteria, fungi or viruses grow in and around the vaginal area. This is usually because they are transmitted, for example during sexual intercourse.

The other possibility is of bacterial vaginosis. It is the most common cause of abnormal vaginal odor and discharge. It is caused by a change in the type of bacteria found in the vagina. Diagnosis can be confirmed by pelvic examination, swabs of the discharge and their culture sensitivity.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.