Infectious Diseases Community
what is staphylococcus haemolyticus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Infectious Diseases,such as: MRSA, Staph, Herpes Zoster/Shingles, Varicella (chicken pox), Coxsackievirus, CMV, Foodborne/Waterborne, Meningitis, C diff and other

what is staphylococcus haemolyticus

Hi,I went to al local Dr.or nurse prac.. for a UTI..she started me on bactrim and then had my urine cultured.after 2 days they called and changed my antibotic (antibiotic) to one that put me in a very bad way...so i ddint go back to that dr,but i stopped in and got medical records from the visit and the lab report says staphylococcus haemolyticus.O tne 2nd perscription she only perscribed  8 pills and i took 6 of them and then stopped as they were making my xanax and wellbutrin pass thru the bod to fast and sent me into xanax withdrawls,Not good,,,so know Im scared to even go to my reg Dr.Any knowledge on this would be helpful..how do you get a staff infection,,all she did was culture my urine!
It is a microbe that is found as normal flora on our bodies.  One of the places it is usually found is the perineum which is that area between the vagina and anus on women.  So you can see how you could potentially get a UTI from this bacteria.  It is important to get rid of the infection for obvious reasons.  It could spread to your kidneys or worse into your blood stream.  Since you took 6 of the 8 pills, there is a good chance that you have cleared it but the only way to know is to go back to the doctor and have another urine culture.  I don't know what medications this bug is susceptible to so you can discuss this with your doctor should your urine come back as positive again.