Any advice?
I was just diagnosed yesterday with PCOS and insulin resistance. The doctor also said my Vitamin D was really low. He gave me a prescription for Metformin (I may have the wrong spelling) and a vitamin D supplement. So my question is...WHAT HAPPENS NOW? He let me know I need to work on losing weight which I am starting today but beyond that I haven't the slightest idea. All I know is I am supposed to go back and see him in four months. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chelsea
Hello dear. first things first don't get discouraged. your doctor actually told you and prescribed you the correct medicine to treat pcos. i suffer from pcos and my doctor told ne those exact thing eveb the come back in four mnths part. okay metformine is a drug usually prescribed to diabetes patient's it works really well with pcos patient's because it stabilizes our hormones as does the weight loss. metformin has remarkable results on women with pcos a lot of women with pcos even take it throughout their pregnancies to help with miscarriage. most women with pcos are prone to having miscarriage after they concieve. Met helps with that also. okay so you should expect the following. it all depends on your doctor. When you go back to him.in four months he will ask you to get your husbands sperm tested if u haven't already done so. then after that he will tell you what you should do next. ok say if ur husbands sperm count is low he would most likely say that you should do an iui or ivf most likely he will trt to start with iui being that its less invasive and less expensive. he will also most likely put u on a drug along  with the metformin to bring on ovulation becuz women with pcos tend to not ovulate on their own because of our hormone imbalance we don't have regular menstrual cycles. so his first choice wuld be clomid. he will monitor u while on clomid and provera . provera brings your period in order for u to take the clomid. he will monitor your follicles with ultrasound and if u dnt ovulate with the clomid then he may move oonnn to a more stronger ovluation drug to see how your body works with that. if ur husbands sperm is good he may want you guys to just have sec while monitoring ovulation.. it all depends what test has he done on u so far????
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
journey2motherhood My sister, BIL and dad thre... Comment
Jun 27
Sheaby commented on photo
Jun 26