Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
5 year old trouble sleeping

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

5 year old trouble sleeping

hi, i'm new to this site.
I'm actually very frusturated and am in search for a logical answer as to why my daughter has trouble sleeping during the day and during the night. this has not started fresh, this has been the case with her ever since she was i guess 3-4 months old. she wakes up for school at 7 am, she bathes everyday and has a full stomach of all essential nutrients required for her growth. i put her to sleep after she is back from school after she has had her bath and dinner and she is extremely wrestless. i only put her to sleep in the afternoon only becuase my husband works late hours and he doesn't like the fact that he doesn't get to see her just cause she has to go to sleep. so then bed time becomes late hours like around 11:30 but it takes me a full hour sometimes longer to put her to sleep. she just keeps being wrestless. waving her hand, shaking her feet. switching from sleepinging on her back to her side....and it keeps going. i get really tired, and frusturated and never am able to get my full sleep. i have tried not putting her to sleep in the afternoon but then she becomes cranky by 6 or 7 and my husband doesn't get home till later.
please reply to me with any suggestions or answers!
thanks
I am not a pediatric sleep specialist. You will need to consult with a sleep center that treats children.

Dr. Jacobs