Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
Body Spasms Prevent Me From Sleeping
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Body Spasms Prevent Me From Sleeping

I manage to get no more than a couple hours of sleep every night.  I am tired and fatigued the entire day, but I can't manage to get into bed until 5 or 6 in the morning.  Once in bed my body begins to spasm continuously.  If I do manage to drift off to sleep, a spasm wakes me up.  This happens over and over; until I finally become so angry with my body, that I just get up and watch television.  Lately, I have been chewing my tongue during my brief hours of uncomfortable sleep.  I wake up with a bloody and sore tongue.  I recently took part in a sleep disorder study.  I managed to sleep only 45 minutes.  The remainder of the time my body was having spasms.  For years doctors thought I was epileptic, and I was prescribed a variety of medications; none of which stopped the spasms/convulsions.  What is going on?  I don't know; and neither do any of my many doctors.  Sleeping meds cannot be prescribed because I am suicidal.