Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
Could i get a sporadic fatal insomnia with only 19!!!???

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Hello.

I am 19 years old, and for the past month i have often insomnia episodes for about a month without a specific reason.I was usually sleeping around 6-7, sometimes 8 hours but now i sleep 3.5 hours, and i am afraid it is getting worse..... i feel exhausted really, and my body really requires sleep, but i feel just like my brain won't shut down.For example, last night i have gone to bed at 23:15, and i was tossing and turning until some 2:00 pm and then i woke up at 5:30 and couldn't sleep anymore!!!! I also tried with exercising, but not even that helps now.....and feel it's just going worse as the time goes by and i get less and less sleep.

I was reading about the disease called fatal familiar insomnia and sporadic fatal insomnia, do you think i should somehow test myself if i might suffer from any of these?I live in Serbia and our doctors don't seem to even know what that is. I know it is unlikely, but i am sure that you understand that i am so very very scared about this.

Thanks in advance  Milos
You have insomnia, not fatal familiar insomnia. You need to review the behavioral techniques outlined in my blogs and on my website to mange the insomnia.

Dr. Jacobs

www.cbtforinsomnia.com
Thanks a lot for the reply, i'll do my best :)
A related discussion, chronic insomniac and hemangioma in my brain was started.