Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
Long Term use of Restoril
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Long Term use of Restoril

I was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this summer.  I developed General anxiety disorder and was given paxil, klonipin (klonopin), and temazapan to sleep.  I take Lexapro now, 20 mg. and I try not to take the klonipin (klonopin) unless I absolutely have to which isn't often, but I have been afraid to not take the temazapan.  I am starting to feel the feeling of anxiety again, the headache, and buzzing in my body, while the stress in my life is down.  I am wondering if it could be the Restoril (temazapan) causing it.  How do I get off of this?  I know if I just stop, life will be hell, is there a way to taper off or something else that I can take?
Tags: RESTORIL