Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
Long Term use of Restoril

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Long Term use of Restoril

I was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this summer.  I developed General anxiety disorder and was given paxil, klonipin (klonopin), and temazapan to sleep.  I take Lexapro now, 20 mg. and I try not to take the klonipin (klonopin) unless I absolutely have to which isn't often, but I have been afraid to not take the temazapan.  I am starting to feel the feeling of anxiety again, the headache, and buzzing in my body, while the stress in my life is down.  I am wondering if it could be the Restoril (temazapan) causing it.  How do I get off of this?  I know if I just stop, life will be hell, is there a way to taper off or something else that I can take?
Tags: RESTORIL
You should discuss any side effects with the physician who is prescribing the medication. Tapering off benzodiazepine sleep medications is done gradually while substituting CBT. You can leanr more baout htis approach on my wesbite.

Dr. Jacobs
www.cbtforinsomnia.com