Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
Medication jusyt wont help

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Medication jusyt wont help
Hi. Im a 47 year old male. I have had a lot of problems sleeping over the years. Tonight I have take 2 dalmane x 15mg, One x stilnoct 10mg, 4 valium x 2 mg and I am still wide awake. They have had no effect whatsoever. Can anyone help...Im cracking. Michael
Because you are taking large doses of prescription medication that can be dangerous, you need to be evaluated by your doctor right away.

Dr. Jacobs
Although I never took the strong medications that you do, I tried a variety, one at a time, and none were really effective. It turned out there was a physical cause for my insomnia. Once the problem was identified and treated I slept just fine. Have you investigated a physical cause? In any case you should be careful about getting addicted to the junk you are taking. I was very careful about that so never had the problem.
A related discussion, Canss not sleep was started.