Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
Medication jusyt wont help
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Medication jusyt wont help

Hi. Im a 47 year old male. I have had a lot of problems sleeping over the years. Tonight I have take 2 dalmane x 15mg, One x stilnoct 10mg, 4 valium x 2 mg and I am still wide awake. They have had no effect whatsoever. Can anyone help...Im cracking. Michael
707647 tn?1251492147
Because you are taking large doses of prescription medication that can be dangerous, you need to be evaluated by your doctor right away.

Dr. Jacobs
-2 Comments
Blank
757137 tn?1347200053
Although I never took the strong medications that you do, I tried a variety, one at a time, and none were really effective. It turned out there was a physical cause for my insomnia. Once the problem was identified and treated I slept just fine. Have you investigated a physical cause? In any case you should be careful about getting addicted to the junk you are taking. I was very careful about that so never had the problem.
Blank
A related discussion, Canss not sleep was started.
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank