Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
Possible connection to sleeping problems?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Possible connection to sleeping problems?

Good morning, I am a 29 yr old Female and was diagnosed w/a 7 mm Pineocytoma  about 2 years ago and have shown no growth on follow up MRIs. I have 1-2 migrains a week, trouble sleeping, fatigue, HBP, I have many visual problems (including Nystagmus). I don’t know if the cyst/tumor would be considered symptomatic or not. My main question is…Would the tumor have any effect on my cortisol levels? I know that is mainly with the Pit gland but I have almost every sympton of Cushings Syndrome and sense excess cortisol may affect other endocrine systems and cause, for example, insomnia, I was wondering if the 2 could be related at all? I have not been diagnosed w/Cushings. I go to see my Doc. Next month to discuss all of this and see about having the blood work done. Any ideas or comment would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch for your time.