Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
Rarely sleep through the whole night.
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Rarely sleep through the whole night.

I wake up like all the time.  Not for long, just a few minutes.  Sometimes I wake up just to yell at myself, other times I wake up just to tell myself to go back to sleep, and some I wake up, straining my ears for footsteps, and a few times I'll wake up just because.  I usually wake up two or three times a night.  When I do sleep through the whole night, I think, "Dang!  I went the whole night without waking up!"  I'm 18 and I thought it was normal, that everyone woke up all the time, until my counselor asked how I was sleeping and I responded, "Well."  Then a few days later she asked me again and I gave her the same answer, but this time she went into detail and I told her that I guess I wasn't sleeping well.  Anyway, I'm often really tired, but I'm not sleepy.  Is that bad or can I just ignore it?  Because I've been like this ever since I can remember and I don't really have a problem with it.