Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
Sleep Apnea

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Sleep Apnea

I recently had a sleep study and was diagnoticed with mild obstructive sleep apnea with a rate of events at 8 per hour increasing to 11 per hour in supine sleep and a saturation low at 82%.  Recommendations CPAP or other treatment (may include oral dental applicances by a dentist or ENT evaluation for surgical treatment options).  I am having trouble finding a dentist who is able to file with Medicare for the dental appliance.  Have you had success with the dental appliance?  Would you recommend a ENT evaluation?  I hate to jump right to the CPAP - it seems quite cumbersome.  

Gay Ketterer
Please post this question for Dr. Park in the Sleep Breathing Disorders forum since he is the sleep apnea expert.

Dr. Jacobs