Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
Sleep Disorder
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Sleep Disorder

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea last year and use a CPAP.  There are a lot of times I cannot use the machine because of congestionl, etc.  When I went for the sleep study they woke me up within 1-1/2 hours saying I had sleep apnea really bad and they needed to put me on the machine.  I did not need to go for the second night.  According to the sleep study I quit breathing 15 or 16 times per hour.  There are times I can go to bed at a decent time and when I wake up the next morning I have apparently shut off my alarm clock and unfortunately pretty late for work or when I wake up I just fall right back to sleep and keep waking up but unable to wake up enough to even get out of bed and sleep all day.  On those days I just feel so out of it.  I have to work a night shift for a week every eight weeks and at least twice that week I cannot sleep but only for a couple of hours which just makes me exhausted.  I have worked for the same company for 28 years and I was always reliable but these past two years I have become very unreliable which really bothers me.  Hopefully you can help!