Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
Sleep Disorder

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Sleep Disorder

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea last year and use a CPAP.  There are a lot of times I cannot use the machine because of congestionl, etc.  When I went for the sleep study they woke me up within 1-1/2 hours saying I had sleep apnea really bad and they needed to put me on the machine.  I did not need to go for the second night.  According to the sleep study I quit breathing 15 or 16 times per hour.  There are times I can go to bed at a decent time and when I wake up the next morning I have apparently shut off my alarm clock and unfortunately pretty late for work or when I wake up I just fall right back to sleep and keep waking up but unable to wake up enough to even get out of bed and sleep all day.  On those days I just feel so out of it.  I have to work a night shift for a week every eight weeks and at least twice that week I cannot sleep but only for a couple of hours which just makes me exhausted.  I have worked for the same company for 28 years and I was always reliable but these past two years I have become very unreliable which really bothers me.  Hopefully you can help!
This is the insomnia forum. You need to post your question in the sleep breathing disorders forum for Dr. Park, the sleep apnea expert.

Dr. Jacobs