Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
Sleep Trouble - Wake up Every Two Hours

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Sleep Trouble - Wake up Every Two Hours
I don't have any trouble falling asleep, but wake up every two hours, no matter what time I go to bed. I am also an early riser, usually getting up between 6 and 7am. I am 42 years old and in very good health, other than having Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, which has been mostly stable for the past 4 years since I was diagnosed. The sleep issues have been mainly for the past couple of years. I work out 6 days a week doing Cross Fit strength training and Vinyasa Power Yoga (hot yoga), in addition I am very active and work about 30 hours a week as a server in a restaurant. I feel as though I manage any stress pretty well and I eat an extremely healthy diet - no wheat or gluten, no meat or poultry (fish only), fruits and lots of veggies. I do not smoke, or drink alcohol or take any caffienne products whatsoever since my body does not respond well to it. In the past I have tried Melatonin and Standard Process Valerian Complex, but that only helps get me to sleep faster, which is not my issue as I stated, but does not help me stay asleep. Any ideas? Thank you!
You are a good candidate for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy which is now the recommended first line treatment for insomnia. See my website or blogs for information on this non-**************.

Dr. Jacobs
www.cbtforinsomnia.com