Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
Zyprexa

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Zyprexa
I regularly take Efexor 150mg, but recently my doctor felt I needed a small mood stabilizer. He put me on Lamictal 25mg and Zyprexa 5mg to help with my sleep which was very broken and as a consequence I was becoming very anxious and nervous. Will it be difficult to come off Zyprexa as I feel when my sleep pattern starts to improve, I would like to come off, as I don't want to become dependant on it. Your opinion would be very much appreciated.
Zyprexa is a a medication for mood disorders. It is not a sleeping pill and is not prescribed in sleep medicine. Rather, it is prescribed in psychiatry. Accordingly, your psychiatrist, not a sleep specialist, is the person who is qualified to answer this question.

Dr. Jacobs