Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
are fatal familiar insomnia and fatal sporadic insomnia the same diseas...

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

are fatal familiar insomnia and fatal sporadic insomnia the same disease ?

Dr Jacobs, i have one more question for you( hope i am not boring).

Are fatal familiar insomnia and sporadic fatal insomnia the same disease or there are differences? just by accident they wrote an article about it today on one of our websites and they said that in sporadic fatal insomnia it doesn't have to be a mutated gene that will cause the disease but that it can also be caused by stress ! I think this is not true, if it is, then most of us insomniacs would be already dead or would develop this disease, but what do you think about it? Or just that condition has two names?

Thanks in advance for the info and for your care.Cheers
Because these are not sleep disorders but are genetic disorders, I am not qualified to answer your question.

Dr. Jacobs