Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
disturbed sleep and waking up every 2 hours or even shorter.

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

i have a light and disturbed sleeping. i wake up every 2 hours and stay for several minutes then go back to bed. this problem is for the last 2 years. my health background: heavy smoker. drink alcohol almost daily for the last 3 months where i feel better in sleeping under the influence of alcohol. inspite of that, i got familiar to that and my sleep is disturbed again. i have the symtoms (symptoms) of depression and take (venlafaxine caps. 75mg) for that. my social background: lot of troubles bothering me. thanks alot for any medical advise....
Alcohol disturbs sleep and reduces deep sleep so that can be part of the problem. Depression also reduces deep sleep so, if it is not treated well, the sleep problems may continue. Nevertheless, you may also benefit from behavioral techniques for improving your sleep that are discussed in my blogs and on my website.

Dr. Jacobs
www.cbtforinsomnia.com