Insomnia - Adult Expert Forum
is insomnia causing tremor?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Sleep & Insomnia Forum are being answered by Dr. Gregg D. Jacobs.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
is insomnia causing tremor?
I am 48 and was diagnosed with sleep apnea over a year ago. I use a cpap, and this has helped with the quality of the sleep I do get, but that is still very little.  I find myself falling asleep on the couch around 8 or 9 pm, drifting in and out depending on my snoring and how often my wife wakes me up.  At night it takes me about 30-45 minutes to fall asleep with my mask on.  I usually wake up briefly throughout the night and am pretty much wide awake after 3 am.  I have been attending a 5-week CBT program and am trying to use sleep compression (my wife wakes me to try and help with this).  I started out trying this with small dose of Ambien CR each night but found this led to major depression, so stopped medication.  Recently I awaken feeling....sort of like my nervous system in shakey.....not sure how to discribe it.  I am noticing my hands have a slight tremor to them,  This is not constant, but happens alot.  I am concerned there may be something more than just the insomnia happening.  I have had a complete physical and blood work, and everything basic is ok.  Can you offer any insight or suggestions or possible things for my doctors to work with?  Thanks.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
707647 tn?1251492147
This is a neurological symptom that is not likely related to insomnia. it should be evaluated and addressed by your doctor or a neurologist.

Dr. Jacobs
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now