Number 1 question I have....how do you fall asleep and STAY asleep?
Just wanted to stop by and join up!  I am weaning off my Ambien after many, many years so I will need some suggestions and support.  I can't stand to go to sleep only to awaken a few hrs later and not be able to go BACK to sleep!  Looking forward to seeing you guys on here!
hi LInda.....we are all looking for the same answers...lol. I'm same, been on zoplicone for years..not every night but the nights when I had to get a few hours sleep to go to work and function. Now even when I do resort to using them, I find they no longer work for more than 3-4hrs. I too wake up and cannot go back to sleep...and feel so foggy headed all day long....looking forward to some suggestions everyone!!
Hi, Opus....I just bought some Lavender essential oil for aromatherapy, gonna try it tonight...tried melatonin, took 10 mg but all it did was dry out my sinuses and eyes...ugh!  
Hi de Hi folks ...I have not slept well for many years ..I have got to where I do get 5 hours most nights , always awake by 4am   I have one or two tips that work  for me I will go into on a seperate thread .
  Hi Linda. One of my favorite things to do to get there is a long hot bath,
some body talc between your sheets will make it feel like silk! Then read a good book and that unsually does for me. Of course staying asleep is a different animal all together. If we knew that, we wouldn't need this forum, right? hahaha sweet dreams
Hi Aheart, I'm up but just got up.  At 2::30, 3:30  and 4:30 I woke up and went back to sleep.  I was afraid if I powered up my laptop the light would keep me up.  I've heard you should shut down your computer 2-3 hrs before you go to bed.  That never happens with me.

I think the body talc in lavender might be a good thing.  I use hemp lotion now.  Just sounds like something that would lull you to sleep. :)
so the lavender essential oils didn't work? it was something I've been meaning to try. as far as the melatonin, tried that years ago when I was working...it did the exact opposite for me...I was 'wired' for the 3 days and nights I used it. I've heard others say it can work for or against you this way.
its also been said not to have any light on for a while before wanting to fall asleep...computers/tv's/lamps....never happens with me either, my tv nearly always runs, I need the sound so my mind stops working....I do sometimes use the radio instead to cut down on the light emissions but still have the sound and it does work better!!!
I haven't tried the essential oil yet...but I will tonight.  I actually forgot about it last night.  We run a box fan at night...after 42 yrs we can't sleep without it.  Our 42nd anniversary is 12-12-12!  My husband really does sleep a lot better than I do...he also likes to go to bed early....like around 9:30!  So no wonder I wake up by 3 or 4!
hahah Linda I have one who sleeps well also he gets about 8 hours every night, he says its cos he has a clear concience LOL ....not....I have to have silence ..my Tweety wakes me hopping round the bed some nights ..that doesnt help ..
OH happy upcoming anniversary Linda....my son's birthday is nearly the same...missed by 2 days. he'll be 42 on 10-12-12..lol

margy....my cats have adapted quite well to my crazy night routine, only thing is now they are programed for their breakfast around 4a.m. and they sure let me know if i should happen to mess up their schedule...aww gotta love them eh..:)
they are so smart and clever , I did not realise how much till Tweety came by , they know what time it is ...she will wake me up purring and moving around if I sleep past 4am ...poor me ...yes programmed is the word for sure ....well I thank my lucky stars if I get 5 hours now
Margy, I had to stop the kitties sleeping with us yrs ago.  When Big Tom died in '98 that was it...and the thing is, that is probably about the time I started having sleep problems.  He would always have one spot on the bed and never move...never woke us up either. Yes, men don't seem to have the problems sleeping that we women have.  My husband can literally fall asleep within a few minutes of his head hitting the pillow. And if he does wake up he has no trouble falling back asleep.

Thanks for the early Happy Anniversary, Opus!  So you were a brand new mommy when I was getting married 42 yrs ago...my oldest will be 40 on her next birthday.
okay so tell me do they sleep on ones legs for warmth, Tweety has to be wrapped around my legs and derriere , on top of the covers of course .I know she disturbs me ..
Margy...no, my husband does that...lol, just kidding :)  Seriously, Big Tom always had to be touching me, usually my foot...sometimes my back.  I always tried to encourage him to sleep at the foot of the bed but that didn't always work. But I do have to say, he never moved around much if at all. I think they feel the bond with us, maybe like with their mother.  I've always had cats that love to cuddle.
You know Tweety is like that I thought its cos she wants to be warm, she always has to lean against my legs ..hahah my dh doesnt I have my own bed ...hes snoring put paid to co sleeping a few moons ago ...
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
breezytoo commented on breezytoo's status
Apr 23
breezytoo ruiyhnb my l Comment
Apr 23
breezytoo commented on spider6's status
Apr 23