Insomniacs Unite User Group
insomniacs poor habits
About This Group:

This is a group for anyone who struggles with insomnia, whether it be a once in a great while thing, or a near daily occurrence; whether it be because of chronic pain or illness, or if it's an inability to "turn off your brain" at night. Hopefully we can all share thoughts, ideas, helpful tips, etc., that may help a fellow insomniac get a few blissful hours of shut-eye.

Founded by geminigirl1963 on February 13, 2011
30 members

insomniacs poor habits

7717432?1330225107
Well I came and saw one little post here so I thought I would add something to make our page look better Drifter. Haha With me I go to bed pretty early 8:to 9 oclock and then I always wake up at one or two and can't get back to sleep. This going to sound very strange but I drink a cup of coffee and check my reg sites on the computer. If I'm still awake I have another cup of joe, and believe it or not after that second cup of coffee, I am sleepy enough to go back to bed. Strange isn't it, I know it's very weird but that's my story and I'm stickin to it!
Insomniacs, what is your routine when you can't sleep?? What works for you? May you stay asleep tonight without interruption! Peace out.
I have had trouble sleeping since I was a teenager.  I was put on sleeping pills back then for awhile.
I was always late for work when I had jobs that started at 8 or 9am.
I should have found a night job.
Once I fell asleep I could sleep for hours and didn't want to get up. I was so zombie tired.  My mind just does not shut off.
I watch the clock and panic.  I have gone to work many times on zero sleep.  Once it gets to a certain time I know I have to stay up because I will never get up if I fall asleep.
It's been a vicious cycle all my life.
I can sympathize Pat....years of shift work and short changes, many many times going to work with an hour or two of sleep.I would watch the clock in panic tooooo, thinking ok have to get up in 4-3-2-1 hr have to sleep... It was necessary to resort to sleeping pills to get any sleep at all..of course this all intensified as I aged..
Now 'retired' and all the time in the world to sleep and its still almost impossible. I'm so tired all the time, can't wait to get into bed early in the eve....if I'm lucky I'll fall asleep around 11 or 12 but always awake and tossing by 3 a.m...
not nearly long enough. My mind will NOT shut off either, I can solve the worlds problems when I should be sleeping :(
Me too I have taken sleeping pills in the past but stopped them a few years back as they were making me feel anxious .I find visualisation helps me to get to sleep but I still wake by 3-4am I too go to bed at around 8-9pm but watch TV till about 10pm...then I picture a nice scene, for me its the beach,I visualise the same scene every night, its like self hypnosis , it doesnt always work but most times it does, I still only sleep 5 hours though.
I have a little trick I have been using for years. One fall I found that I had grown so use to the drone of the fan that I now needed it to sleep. In the winter I have it on low and turned toward the wall but it helps me fall asleep. I find we all have similar stories, in bed by eight or nine and awake by one or two. If we could just stay up later we would have it made. I don't think I will ever lose my work schudule of sleeping. I too go to my "happy place" which happens to be a beautiful bend in the creek where I would fish as a little girl, hehe I'd catch my grasshoppers on the way over for bait. Catch little blue gills. Sweet dreams!
My husband and I have slept with a fan for 42 yrs.  He says it's bad for our hearing....I say "huh?"
ahahhaah well I havent a fan ..but I am having ear ache this last few weeks ,
deadgamegrrl my back yard has been flood... Comment
29sillygirl she's back on a new gadget.... Comment
Jul 05
jlc71 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 01