Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
Bleeding after IVF transfer
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bleeding after IVF transfer

I am on my second fresh round of IVF.  (First round produced a healthy baby boy)  I am 29 years old and the reason for IVF is male factor infertility.  We transferred 2 blast's at day 5 and I am now 5 days post transfer and experiencing heavy bleeding with dark red blood for the past 24 hours.  I called my RE and they did blood tests this morning and my prog. level was 2.5 and my estrogen level was extremely low as well.  They suggested that I double the dose of prog. and begin using 4 estrogen patches.  Common sense tells me this pregnancy attempt is over with and if so I would like to discontinue meds and get ready for a frozen cycle.  My beta test is not for another 4 days and I don't want to give up but at the same time I don't want to waste my time taking a ton of meds if there is no chance.  Thanks