Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
Bleeding after IVF transfer
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Bleeding after IVF transfer
I am on my second fresh round of IVF.  (First round produced a healthy baby boy)  I am 29 years old and the reason for IVF is male factor infertility.  We transferred 2 blast's at day 5 and I am now 5 days post transfer and experiencing heavy bleeding with dark red blood for the past 24 hours.  I called my RE and they did blood tests this morning and my prog. level was 2.5 and my estrogen level was extremely low as well.  They suggested that I double the dose of prog. and begin using 4 estrogen patches.  Common sense tells me this pregnancy attempt is over with and if so I would like to discontinue meds and get ready for a frozen cycle.  My beta test is not for another 4 days and I don't want to give up but at the same time I don't want to waste my time taking a ton of meds if there is no chance.  Thanks
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
You are probably correct and so you should communicate this to your IVF doctor and they will probably stop all the meds.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
My wife went through IVF and at week 5, she had brown discharge. When she goes to pee, just a little dark brown to like old blood comes out. I have read and was told by RN that it is normal when going through IVF. Just want a second opinion.

Thanks,
J.A.C.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A related discussion, please help.....5 dpt....spotting 4 days could i be pg? was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now