Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
Bleeding after IVF transfer

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

Bleeding after IVF transfer

I am on my second fresh round of IVF.  (First round produced a healthy baby boy)  I am 29 years old and the reason for IVF is male factor infertility.  We transferred 2 blast's at day 5 and I am now 5 days post transfer and experiencing heavy bleeding with dark red blood for the past 24 hours.  I called my RE and they did blood tests this morning and my prog. level was 2.5 and my estrogen level was extremely low as well.  They suggested that I double the dose of prog. and begin using 4 estrogen patches.  Common sense tells me this pregnancy attempt is over with and if so I would like to discontinue meds and get ready for a frozen cycle.  My beta test is not for another 4 days and I don't want to give up but at the same time I don't want to waste my time taking a ton of meds if there is no chance.  Thanks
Avatar_dr_m_tn
You are probably correct and so you should communicate this to your IVF doctor and they will probably stop all the meds.
My wife went through IVF and at week 5, she had brown discharge. When she goes to pee, just a little dark brown to like old blood comes out. I have read and was told by RN that it is normal when going through IVF. Just want a second opinion.

Thanks,
J.A.C.
A related discussion, please help.....5 dpt....spotting 4 days could i be pg? was started.