Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
Crinone
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Crinone

My doctor told me to take a vaginal suppository, Crinone, once a day, beginning a week after ovulation, and taking the suppositories until my period comes.  I'm not sure why RE prescribed these, as my progesterone levels were tested to be normal, but due to some luteal phase spotting, he thought it would be a good idea.

My questions are:

1.  Will crinone delay my period?  I've heard people say that you're only supposed to take it until you go into the doctor's office and get a beta done, and if not pregnant, you should stop the crinone.  However, my RE said take it UNTIL AF comes.

2.  My luteal phase is VERY consistent at 11-12 days.  Today I am on the 13th day.  Does crinone lengthen the luteal phase?  How many days should I continue to take this?  

I would call my doctor, but it's Sunday. . . Any knowledge you have on Crinone would be very appreciated.

Thank you.