Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
How soon will the hcg trigger shot show on a hpt

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

How soon will the hcg trigger shot show on a hpt? I got my shot this morning and took a hpt around 2pm and it was neg. i was just wanting to know if this means that they didn't give me a large enough trigger shot?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
This is from "Pregnyl":

"Maximal plasma hCG levels will be reached in males approximately 6 and 16 hours after a single intramuscular or subcutaneous injection of hCG, respectively and in females after approximately 20 hours. HCG is approximately 80 per cent metabolized, predominantly in the kidneys. Intramuscular and subcutaneous administration of hCG were found to be bioequivalent regarding the extent of absorption and the apparent elimination half-lives of approximately 33 hours. On basis of the recommended dose regimens and elimination half-life, cumulation is not expected to occur."

So in females, in your case it may take approxiately 20 hours before detected in the urine.
Thank you very much, now how long will it take for me to get a p ht without it being a false result?