Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
Irritation/white discharge..

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

Irritation/white discharge..

About a couple of days ago, I noticed my vagina feeling peculiar. Now, it's much worse -- there's a lot of itching/irritation, and it's pretty red down there. The discharge I've been having is really thick and white, and has properties not unlike those of marzipan.. (Seems to be the same inside, from what I've checked with a tampon.)

A few months ago, I came off birth control pills, and last week I had my period. A month ago I took an ECP. I have sex regularly (with a condom).

Would appreciate it if anyone could even point me in the right direction, as I've scoured the net but can't seem to find anything very useful. It's definitely not a yeast infection.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Your symptoms may be a sign of a vaginal yeast infection. To make sure I would see your gynecologist.
Well, actually it sounds Exactly like a yeast infection. Thick white, cottage cheese like discharge or just whitish in general, doesn't have to be exactly like cottage cheese. And intense intense itching and redness , sometimes even your labia and clitoris and whole vaginal area can feel and look swollen and red. I would go to the doctor, if you're old enough to be having sex, then you're old enough to be seeing a gynochologist. If you're not seeing a doctor, that tells me you are too young to be having sex, and you should stop till you're more mature. Why have you not called your doctor about this?