Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
It's been 34 days since my last period! Help please.

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

Hello, I'm 16 and still a virgin (However I do fool around with my boyfriend). My last period started on December 29th 2007. It is now January 31st 2008 and I haven't started my period yet. I think I have signs that it may start soon. (a little moody, slightly sore breasts, a feeling of heaviness in the lower abdomen area, oily skin, etc) However, I'm scared that I may be pregnant perhaps. It is very unlikely, I know, because when my boyfriend and I were fooling around (around December 11th, 2007), he didn't ejaculate, but, this was during my fertile time and it's possible that he had pre-ejaculate on his hands and touched me. However, he had urinated before this session therefore most likely getting rid of any sperm caught in the urethra of his penis. But nonetheless I am kinda scared. Is it possible that my period is delayed because of my anxiety over this? I just had exams last week but I don't think it was all that stressful. Has anyone ever experienced something similar to my situation? Does anyone have any suggestions or comforting words to tell me?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The only way to make sure is to do a pregnancy test if you do not get your period. Indeed, stress can also delay your period.
I suggest that if you  "fool around" with your boyfriend that you use a condom or get on some kind of birth control because even if you do not have intercourse and there is some form of genital contact you have some risk of becoming pregnancy.
Also, I recommend that you practice safe sex by using condoms or abstinence per your own ethics.