Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
No Sperm

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

No Sperm

I am a 39 nine year old male. I recently went for a sperm analisis and no sperm was present. the results were as follows.
Total Testosterone - 14 nmol/L            Sex hormone Binding Globulin - 13.10 nmol/L
Free Testosterone Index - 106.9          Calc. Free Testosterone - 0.48
S.FSH - 0.3 U/L                                 S-Lutropin (LH) - 0.3 U/L
S-Prolactin - 9.8 ng/ml
What hormone injection could I take to start producing sperm again.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I am having a difficult time interpreting the numbers because I am a US doctor and we do not use the same measurement that you are using. It would be helpful if you would give me what the normal ranges for each are before I could answer you question properly. I am sorry for the delayed response but I have been researching the normal values and I cannot find the numbers.  You must be living outside of the U.S.
If you have low levels of FSH, LH and Testosterone then you can do injections of HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) and or Repronex (FSH/LH) if you have the diagnosis of hypothalamic hypogonadism.  But is the FSH/LH and Testosterone levels are normal, then there is no hormone that you can take to improve your count.  I suggest seeing a specialist Urologist who specializes in men's fertility.  If you send me the normal value for the hormones then I can give you further information. Sorry for the delay.
1 Comment
A related discussion, cancer survivor - germ cell tumor was started.