Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
PCOS

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

PCOS

Dear Doctor,

I was just recently diagnosed with pcos within the last year. However just within the last month i have had one yeast infection and now i am getting the exact same symptoms and believe i have another one. I'm worried that there might be a bigger issue going on than what seems to be happening. When i had my last yeast infection, i did the full treatment and now i seem to have gotten it again. Is this normal? I have also been having frequent bowel movements after eating. Whenever i seem to eat, breakfast, lunch, or dinner.. im rushing to bathroom. About 2 months ago, my gynecologist did find 2 small cysts on the right ovary.. could the frequent bowel movements be as a result of the cysts possibly getting bigger due to my pcos?

thank you in advance,
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I do not think the cysts are related to the frequent bowel movements however, you should be checked for prediabetes or diabetes because of the frequent yeast infections.
I usually do a 2 hour glucose tolerance test with a 75 gram glucose challenge and also check fasting and 2 hour insulin levels and also a HgBA1C.
Also, you should be check for celiac disease as well because this is a very underdiagnosed condition that is an autoimmune disorder caused by a reaction to gluten protein in wheat.
I would suggest that you see a specialist in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility for PCOS  if you have not done so yet and also to see your Internist for other possible problems with bowel function.