Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
PGD AND IN VITRO FERTILIZATION

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

PGD AND IN VITRO FERTILIZATION

HI, I AM 39 YRS OLD AND AM GETTING READY FOR IN VITRO FERTILIZATION 1ST TIME, MY DR. ASK IF I WANT TO HAVE PREIMPLANTATION GENETIC TESTING ON AN EMBRIO BEFORE IMPLANTATION, WE DO NOT HAVE ANY GENETIC ABNORMALITY  , I DO NOT WHAT TO DO, THE MORE I READ ABOUT AM MORE CONFUSED,  PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO  OR ADVICE FOR ME, THANK YOU
Avatar_dr_m_tn
This is from our specialty group the American Society for Reproductive Medicine ASRM Practice Committee Opinion Vol. 90, Suppl 3, November 2008:
"RECOMMENDATIONS: PGS (PGD)
 Before PGS is performed, thorough education and counseling
must be provided to ensure that patients fully understand
the limitations of the technique, the risk of
error, and the lack of evidence that PGS improves
live-birth rates.
 Available evidence does not support the use of PGS as
currently performed to improve live-birth rates in patients
with advanced maternal age."

Therefore unless you have known history of genetic abnormalities, PGD is not recommended and completely your decision as an option.
thank you so much for you answer, it was verry helpful, i don't think i will do te test ,