Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
Passing tissue during menstruation
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Passing tissue during menstruation

Hello,

I am 22 years old. I am in the middle of menstruating and was disturbed to find a large lump of what I can only describe of tissue in my sanitary towel. To begin with I found this strange, and used a tampon instead. On removing the tampon I found it was completely covered in large amounts of this tissue. After examining the tissue, I realised it wasn't blood clots (the tissue is a whitish/greyish colour and not bloody at all) and was shocked to see this. I never usually suffer from bad pains or overally heavy flows during menstruation but this time I have had pains for about two weeks before I was actually due on.

I went to discuss this with my doctor who dismissed me and said "i don't know". She has confirmed that I am not miscarrying which was my first concern however she has not given me any idea or explanation as to what is happening.

Has anybody else seem this before. I desperatley want to start trying for children in the next few years and this scared me a lot so any advise would be very appreciated.

Thanks

L