Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
Women's Health

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

Women's Health

I'm 25 years old and I am experiencing something weird.  I've had numerous gynelogical problems ending in laproscopic surgery and yet recently i had two infections.  I had BV and a uti infection.  Now just before my period, I have reddish brown discharge, pain and discomfort with every attempt to have sex and the discharge can almost look black.  I was worried that it might be cervical cancer because I've done research, yet doctors say my cervix is beautiful and it's not chlamydia because I've been tested for that and it's negative.  Is my body cleaning itself out from the two infections or is it something serious?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
If your cervix is not involved then your doctor should look for uterine problems. A BV and UTI should not cause bleeding. Please see your doctor to check for uterine or endometrial lining (that inside the cavity of the uterus) problems or hormonal problems.