Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
iui question

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

iui question

I took follitisim injectables75 for 8days, then 100 follitisim for 6 days. Yesterday I went in for u/s and b/w, they told me the iui will be done today friday, they told me not to take the HCG shot. I did the iui today and they told me to come in on Monday, I want to know why they did not let me take the HCG. I have PCOS and do not ovulate on my own.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I am not sure why they did not tell you to take the HCG shot. The only thing I can think of is that you had too many follicles and that they were afraid that you would have multiple gestations or ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and so they did not what to trigger your ovulation.  You can ask your doctor if that was the reason. The only way to know is to ask.