Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
medication along side stimulated IUI
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

medication along side stimulated IUI

hi. Just curious . am in middle of making decision to go for IUI or IVF. i have one tube blocked and husband semen analysis is on boader line. all my harmone tests are fine. but i never had my estradiol level checked as doctor never asked for it.

doctor said of i wish to go for IUI i will have to take cerophene 4 tablets daily 2 in morning and 2 in evening. (i had shown good response on clomid as well took 2 courses and had eggs on both sides got injection on day 10 but still no pregnancy)  my doctor has not shared any other mediation for me for IUI. on net many are given pregestrone vaginally, is this for only those patients who have problems with their progestrone level? can you kindly tell which medications are generally given during IUI before and after so that if i decide to go for IUI i can discuss in detail with my doctor.

also if God forbid i go for IUI and it fails can i go for IVF the very next month. the month IUI fails i start taking birth control pills and then go ahead with IVF. or should i wait a month or so for effect of stimulation drug to wear off. should i give rest to my ovaries for a while instead of first stimulating them then using birth control pills and then again IVF medication. what is general practice in medicine.

lastly can IVF cycle be started on 21st day of period , provided the patient is not on birthcontrol pills.