Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
non pregnancy related breast tenderness

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

non pregnancy related breast tenderness
I have kinda a weird situation, the doctors think i may have endometriosis so they put me on a pill I only get my period 3 times a year to reduce the pain and possibly stop/slow the growths. (i have been on the ring for 2 years previous to this). I have had extreme breast tenderness for the last 3 weeks to the point i cant sleep on my stomach (the entire breast, especially around the edges it seems). Also, last week i has such bad nausea i constantly felt like i was gonna puke, but now this week i am fine. I haven't gotten my period for 3 months now and have one more month until i am suppose to get it.  I also haven't had any spotting, which my doctor said i would have.   My question is how do i know if i get pregnant if i don't get my monthly period. Do i have to buy a test every month? I am not exactly specific on the times i take my pill daily, normally within an hour time range though. Also, with my breast tenderness, everything I've looked up said it was due to hormonal changes, should i still be experiencing this if i don't get my monthly period?  
If you are anxious that you may be pregnant, you may not be a good candidate for continuous birth control pills that you are taking.  It may be better for you to have a monthly period.
You can get breast tenderness with the brith control pills because of the estrogen that is in the pills.