Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
should i go for IVF

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

should i go for IVF

hello,
I am new to this site. I am having problems getting pregnant I am 25 years old I have been trying for a year. I have PCOS and right tube blocked. I have irregular mens.my specialist wants me to do lap surgery i dont know if that would help or should i just go for IVF.

In need of advice.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
If your tube is really blocked then most doctors before doing IVF recommend removing the tube or occluding it proximally because a blocked tube can decrease IVF success rates by possibly having the tubal fluid backflow into the uterus and cause bad effects on the embryo has it tries it implant and so if you are going to pursue IVF, I would have that tube removed or occluded proximally.  If you are not going to pursue IVF, then you can try fixing the tube but the success depends on how damaged the tube really is. If the tube is thicker than 2.5cm then the success rate for tubal repair is very low.
I would see a specialist called a Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility specialist to determine what is the best option for you because your case is complicated and you need very good advice after seeing you for a consultation and reviewing everything.  Just advice like this on the internet would not be complete for you and so I suggest a consultation with an infertiltiy specialist.