Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
sperm count

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

sperm count

I am on follisim shots, I will be doing an iui soon. My husband had to do a sperm count today, but he could not release any. when he finally did it was a very small small amount which we did not take to the clinic. My RE told me that on the day of the iui they will check the count before doing the iui, my question is can iui be done with such a small amonut of sperm, does my husband have a problem.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It sounds like your husband has a problem. If this is the first time that the amount is small and that he cannot release it because of anxiety and usually he can ejaculate without a problem then this can be resolved with stress reduction and other ways to collect because it is related to anxiety.  But if there really is a volume or ejaculation problem then he would need to be checked by a urologist for retrograde ejaculation where the ejaculation occurs into the bladder or other possible issues.
Even though the amount is small, I would suggest submitting a sample to check for any sperm.