Integrative Fertility Expert Forum
too many problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding an integrative approach to healing that combines the best practices in complementary and conventional medicine. Topics include: Acupuncture, Herbal Therapy, Mind/Body Medicine, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Fertility, Stress and Fertility, Body Weight and Fertility, Environmental Contaminants and Fertility, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Fibroids, Endometriosis, Hormone Imbalances, Menopause.

too many problems

Hi before i post my question i would like to state some information.

Me and my husband are TCC for past 2 yrs now. all my harmone tests are fine. took three courses of clomid but no result. underwent laparoscopy and heteroscopy and found one fibroid in cervix prosterior wall but the doctors ruled it out that it will not be causing any problems. but laparoscopy report stated that by left tube is blocked. Still doctors said every thing looks so good that i should go for HSG to determine tubal patency for sure. did that and now the report states "Right tube patent and left tube mildly dilated, most likely due to salpingitis with suspicion of Peritoneal spillage" i have read on net and was scared to find out whit salpingitis really is.
my husband semen analysis report is also not good. 2% normal spern morphology. F.Farward sperm 0% s.Farowrd 5% and lateral 55% dead 40 %.
i can get an appointment from my doctor after two weeks and the wait is simply killing me. my question are as under
why was salpingitis not diagnosed during laparoscopy? is it treatable? what tests will i require to under go to determin that i really have this.how is it treated.

with above situation what is the best option for us, should we go for IUI or straight to IVF.am 29 yrs old.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Salpingitis isthmica nodosum is a diagnosis that can only be make by pathology report ie by removing the tube an looking under the microscope. It can only be suggested by HSG by seeing a particular pattern seen on radiology that looks like the contrast dye is seeping into the tubal structure at the isthmic portion of the tube. I mean only suggestive because the HSG cannot diagnose it definitively and neither can you diagnose it definitively by laparoscopy--it can only be suggestive by seeing seeing a thickened proximal portion of the tube.
Given the tube situation and more importantly your husband's semen analysis-- IVF/ICSI ie with intracytoplasmic sperm injection would probably give you a better chance of pregnancy than IUI.