Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Abdominal / bladder issues after stopping Prevacid
I am a 46 year old male with hypothyroidism, which I take Synthroid for.  I was in the hospital because my appendix ruptured, and after I was discharged I was put on Prevacid.  I took Prevacid for 6 weeks, then a couple of days after I stopped the Prevacid I developed mild to moderate abdominal pain, first in the bladder area, then after a couple weeks more in the middle of my abdomen, and I also developed difficulty emptying my bladder. The bladder pain improved with antacids when I tried that.  The other abdominal pain did also.  My Internist cheked for hernias, my prostate, and urinalysis, all negative. This has been going on for two and a half months.  I don't want to go back on Prevacid, because while I was on it my TSH quadrupled.  What might be causing the abdominal/bladder issues?  I never had these symptoms before I was on Prevacid.  Will these symptoms go away on their own?  Should I take something like Zantac or will that also block absorption of my Synthroid?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
A
A