Internal Medicine Expert Forum
Bumb/Lump at Anal/Hole Entrance

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to how to prevent and treat diseases, treatment for chronic conditions or find solutions to puzzling diagnostic problems that affect adults.

Bumb/Lump at Anal/Hole Entrance

Good Morning,

For the past six months or so I have noticed that at time, my ******* (not familiar with the correct term) itches and sometimes burns. I've briefly browsed forums and WebMd for information before and generally assumed it to be a hemorrhoid, but most topics about them say that they go away on their own, which I do not believe mine has done - assuming that is what it is.

Last evening I tried to take a closer look and noticed that the bump/lump was only visible when I pulled the cheeks apart, I found one very small (about the same size as the bottom of a normal pen) lump on the lowest (southernmost) area near the actual entrance. It appears to be white on the skin and red/purple on top, almost like a scab. There is only one and everything else appears to be okay.

I know this must be tough to respond to without evaluating it, but I will do my best to provide as much information to help. I also have a picture of it which I'd be more than happy to provide to assist with the potential diagnosis.

About me: 27, white male, 6'0, 160lbs. Extremely active and healthy, I don't eat fatty foods and I work out 6 days a week. I have no diseases and the only medication I take is for ADHD. I rarely go to the doctors as I only get sick once every 5-6 years, but my most recent blood work was excellent outside of my cholesterol which was fantastically low at 103. I also know that issues related to the anal area tend to bring up the question about gay versus straight, I am straight.

Symptoms: I'm one of those non-symptomatic people so I doubt I have had any, unless they would be confused with my general stress/anxiety from 70 hour work weeks and long hours in the gym. I have on occasion (maybe once every two months) found blood in the toilet, but it's not common. The lump/bump isn't "solid" but I would call it firm. As I mentioned earlier, it does itch and sometimes burn, but only when irritated.