Internal Medicine Expert Forum
Swollen Bilateral Submandibular Lymph Nodes (SBSLN)
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to how to prevent and treat diseases, treatment for chronic conditions or find solutions to puzzling diagnostic problems that affect adults.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Swollen Bilateral Submandibular Lymph Nodes (SBSLN)

I went to Panama City Panama on 11/14/12. I returned on 11/18/12. I had oral sex/kissed a women while I was there. Next day I had slight acidic feeling in my throat. It only bothered me for a few days mainly right before i went to bed. Other than that I felt fine. When I returned on 11/19 around 1AM, I started feeling like the flu was coming on and had some sinus pressure behind my cheeks. My nasal passages seemed clear and had no signs of a stuffy nose/nasal drip. Doc gave me 3 day antibiotics. After a week I didn't feel any better and started getting some night sweats/fatigue. The doctor then put me on a 10 day/AMOXIC 875mg. On 11/22, I started getting swollen bilateral submandibular lymph nodes (SBSLN)..painful/aching at times. I was also getting some random itching all over at times mainly at bedtime. Most of itching was occurring from the waist up, mainly head/face/chest/arms. After the 10 day antibiotics, still had/have all the symptoms (minor Fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, periodic night sweats and random itching). Took STD test on 12/11/ for HIV1/HIV2, Chlam, Gonn, Hep A/B/C and all were neg. HSV1/2 were positive. I did have a cold sore above my lip before I went to Panama but it cleared up before I left. I had no signs of HSV2. I went to another clinic and got HSV1/2 test and both were neg. I went to see a doc on 1/9/13 he tested for HIV/MONO. Both were neg. He said I may have some kind of viral infection and should go away over time. I am now taking vitamin C/D. Most noticeable symptom is (SBSLN). Always somewhat painful all the times. The pain is only specific to those LN's. I sometimes get sharp minor pinpoint pains at random part of my body but mostly on the inside of the thighs and outer armpit area/shoulder blades. These mild shooting pains are random and infrequent. Did blood test(CMP12+8AC+CBC/D/Plt+UA;LP;Cholest). All Ok but slightly high Glucose serum&cholesterol. Also took acyclovir/400mg for 7 days. No help. Any Advise?
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979