Internal Medicine Expert Forum
Tired of being tired

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to how to prevent and treat diseases, treatment for chronic conditions or find solutions to puzzling diagnostic problems that affect adults.

Tired of being tired

I've been dealing with bad fatigue for over 8 months- I had mono back in 2005 and have had problems with fatigue here and there but it's gotten pretty bad since October. In December I was diagnosed with pericarditis- I had a cardiac cath done and it was all clear as was my cardiac bloodwork. I had a colonoscopy last year which was normal. I've had numerous CBD Chem panels- all normal. I had an ANA done back in January which was normal. I'm still dealing with a lot of fatigue lack of energy, some muscle and joint pain(feels like I have the flu all the time). I've put on some weight because I don't have the energy to hit the gym as much. I saw an Internal Medicine doctor who ordered some additional bloodwork- B12, CPK, Ft3, HLA B27, Protein Electrophoresis Serum, RA,TSH, 25 OH ViTD- the only one that concerns me is the Protein Electrophoreses. But with every other blood test, xray, test, CT scan being normal is there something serious they could be missing- or could this be Chronic Fatigue or Fibromyalgia. I'm a 29 year old male and the only underlying conditions I have are Gilberts Syndrome and Low Good Cholesterol. Any insight would be much appreciated
1 Comment
Do this to ease your fatigue, while waiting for a medical opinion.I can post some more natural techniques, after I get get feedback on this anulom vilom pranayam.
Build up your timing gradually.If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after one minute.
Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two middle fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Children under 15 years – do 5 to 10 minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed. Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.
While doing anulom vilom, keep your eyes closed, concentrate on the third eye (point in between the eyebrows).