Internal Medicine Expert Forum
chest pain atypical undiagnosed so far topic below not

This forum is for questions and discussions relating to how to prevent and treat diseases, treatment for chronic conditions or find solutions to puzzling diagnostic problems that affect adults.

Belongs in undiagnosed symptoms, please.
Very briefly, age male 73, had  mild heart attack 2008,and on usual medication., no problems since the angioplasty, physically,apart from increasing arthritis.  However plagued by intrusive varying intensity chest pain central and to right. Tests seem to rule out heart problem, gall bladder etc and make it atypical chest pain, although have had for years hiatus hernia. A new endoscopy a year or so ago found nothing unexpected, remain on proton pump inhibitors, as before.
I still have difficult "stomach" problems, feeling hungry, bloated etc. but only irregularly, can easily cause some pain and so don't know where I am. Exercise classes and walking have no ill effect. I think the pain must be either gastric or muscular related, but how is this sorted out. Anxiety has also been mentioned. My good Doctor does not seem keen on a scan, presumably feeling unlikely to give  a beneficial result, I don't know.
Could a scan look at both chest and gastric system and muscular state and if so what sort of scan, please?
I would be paying for any scans, I think and it is no good wasting money, I just want guidance. I initially was concerned that it was continuing cardiac problems, but have now accepted to the contrary.
1 Comment
You have had some tests, and its time to help the body recover, by building up the immune system with pranayam, which will keep you healthy for rest of life.
The Yog Pranayam (breathing exercises) will  help with your health problems.You will feel relaxed first, and then you will feel the benefit gradually.Come back to report your progress in a few weeks and after 6 months.
Build up your timing gradually. If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose. Duration upto 5 minutes.Place your fists, with the thumb pointing up, on the the legs, above the the knee, and do bhastrika for one minute.Repeat this for one minute, but with the fists upside down, so that the thumb is pointing down, and resting on the legs.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 10 to 30 minutes twice a day. Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.
Children under 15 years – do for 5 to 10 minutes.

Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 21  times

Once you are better, continue the pranayam once a day.