746?1283630090
International Cooking User Group
Chocolate Chess Pie Recipe- Regular, Diabetic & Other Options Inclu...
About This Group:

This is a forum for everyone from around the globe to share their recipes. I am aware that there is a forum for healthy cooking, that's why I thought of starting this one so every recipe can get out there. Recipes don't necessarily have to be "healthy". But do make sure they are tasty. Not trying to encourage an unhealthy diet, but once in a while, you do crave to eat something that might not be considered a part of a healthy diet. Obviously, yes everyday meals should be healthy. Also if someone posts a recipe and you try it with some addition to it and you liked, please post it again so we can have different versions of the same dish.

Founded by sania19 on September 4, 2010
44 members

Chocolate Chess Pie Recipe- Regular, Diabetic & Other Options Included

Hello I am new to this forum and was sitting on the MH site while eating 2 pieces of this pie with whipped cream on top of them (Yes I said 2, Please do not Judge me I am a Weak Chocoholic especially during the Holidays and have made 2 of these pies TWICE since Thanksgiving.  So it looks like my New Years Resolution yet again this coming year will be to LOSE WEIGHT)-more about that in year 2011.

I thought YUMMY, although I am NOT willing to share the 2 pieces I'm eating right at this moment, I will however share my recipe.   Anyone who has ever eaten at a Golden Corral Restaurant on Sunday night knows how good their Chocolate Chess Pie is, and I promise you their pie CAN NOT hold a candle to this one.  I took GC's recipe and made a few alterations of my own and created what I'd say is one of the easiest and yummiest Chocolate Chess Pies that I have ever eaten.  I'll let you be the JUDGE (of the Pie that is, but NOT of me and my 2 slices of pie LOL).  ENJOY!

I have included a Diabetic or Sugar Free, Non-Chocolate, and Peanut Butter or Reeses' Cup Option for this, as well as a too for those who prefer variety, or are unable to eat sugar or chocolate.      

Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees  Bake Time 30-45 minutes. Prep time approx. 5-10 minutes for 2 Pies Yields 8 slices

Items Needed for 2 PIES and Directions To Make

(2) Regular 9" Pie Shells-  Remove from freezer and place each on cookie sheet or oven safe pan when ingredient prep is started.  They Do Not need to be completely thawed.  

1/2 Bag of Semisweet Chocolate Chips-  (Diabetic or Sugar Free Option- 1/2 Bag UNSWEETENED Choc. Chips) (Non Chocolate Version Omit The Chocolate Chips Totally) ( Peanut Butter Option- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter per Pie or Reeses Cup Option- 1/8th cup Peanut Butter and 1/8th cup Choc Chips per Pie)

Place approx. 1/2 of the half bag of chocolate chips into 2 separate small microwavable bowls.

1 Stick Butter-  CUT stick in half and add a half to each bowl of chic chips above.

Microwave the Choc Chips and Butter on MANUEL DEFROST or LOW SETTINGS to prevent POPPING and MESS until melted approx 1-2 minutes.  (if choc chips and butter are frozen approx. 3-4 minutes)  (Optional recipes not using any Chocolate Chips. MELT Butter ONLY it is not necessary to melt the Peanut Butter.)

In 2 Additional Larger size bowls (while melting choc.chips and butter) ADD into each BOWL:

2 EGGS

3/4 Cup of Sugar- (Diabetics or Sugar Free Recipes Substitute Splenda or Artificial Sweetener of Choice)

1/2 Cup Milk

1tsp Vanilla

1 TBS Self Rising Flour

Pour MELTED ingredients from 1 of the smaller bowls into 1 of the larger bowl's Ingredients and Repeat with other small and large bowl.  (Optional Versions Using Peanut Butter- Add Peanut Butter to larger bowls at this time.)

Mix Each Bowl's Ingredients Thoroughly with an Electric Mixer, Until Blended, and Pour All Ingredients of 1 Large bowl into 1 Pie Shell and Repeat with the 2nd Bowl and 2nd Pie Shell.  

Bake 30-45 Minutes, Until Pie Shells are Medium Golden Brown and Pies are Slightly Firm.

COOL Pies before Cutting at least 15 minutes.  Pies Will Thicken Slightly While Cooling.  Warm 25 seconds in Microwave on High Heat & Serve with Whipped Cream on Top if desired.  

I really hope you try this recipe. I believe you will LOVE it as much as I do.  Please let me how you liked it.
Happy Holidays and God Bless Brenda

Going to try my hand at baking again , I like cooking not baking ..will let you know if I do and how it turns out it sounds delicious ..
Wow sound delicious to me . Thanks for sharing this recipes with us.
It is, and you are quite Welcome.

Have A Very Merry Christmas and God Bless Brenda
nummy!!!
LOL Made 2, night before last, Again. I ain't ever going to lose weight this way.  Oh well maybe next year LOL.  
leillani Still stuck in preparation ... Comment
Jul 21
leillani commented on Moma_Cher's status
Jul 21
leillani commented on plumber43's status
Jun 15