Interstitial Cystitis Expert Forum
Confused
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interstitial Cystitis. forum are answered by Dr. David A. Burks, MD from Henry Ford Health Systems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Confused
Dear doctor,
I am a girl of 25 years old. It is from a year that i am suffering with these symptoms. Burning of the vulva while staying and burning after urination and a sign of discomfort while urinating. all this began a year ago when i had my first time sexual intercourse. Three months after i had my first intercourse ( and i have not been sexually active anymore), the doctor made an urine analysis which came back negative, a urine culture which was sterile and also to be on the safe side a test for chlamydia i was ok, plus the blood test for diabete and i was fine. But these symptoms never stop. I have discomfort down there, while sitting while standing it seems like the small lips from where the urine comes out burn from inside and from outside aswell. I was to the gynecologist and she gave me three vaginal tablets(canesten) because i had burnings down there after urination and lots of discharges ( discharges i have had the same even before having sex). And to mention the symptoms go away during menstruations. Now i am really confused it is a year i have these symptoms. Is there a vaginal problem or an urethral problem? Urine culture always in my like has been clean, but i feel pain and burning sensation like discomfort in the vulva and during the end and after the urine it burns. Is it a sign of bacterial vaginosis, but everything disappears when im during the menstruation? I hope you can ease my pain with your suggestions.
Your time is very much appreciated,
Suela
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
509188 tn?1211228331
Hi,  Your history is complex and its not clear what the problem is.  There is a problem called vulvadynia, pain in the labia with no clear cause.  Another problem is urethral syndrome, where there is a burning sensation on the urethra, worse with voiding.  Then there is interstitial cystitis, that causes urinary frequency, urgency and bladder, pubic or vaginal pain, usually with bladder filling. Endometriosis is a pelvic pain problem that flares up during different times of your menstrual cycle. Of course you could have a vaginal infection on top of one of there problems.  You need to be seen by a Gynecologist who specializes in pelvic pain, and a Urologist who specializes in Interstitial Cystitis to do specific testing to sort this out.  Good Luck.  
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now